This bit from Wired is making the rounds the past day or so and my copy came in the mail yesterday; I’ll chime in, too. Their sub-title:
33 writers. 5 designers. 6-word science fiction.
Six of my favorites:
- Machine. Unexpectedly, I’d invented a time (Alan Moore)
- Longed for him. Got him. Shit. (Margaret Atwood)
- It cost too much, staying human. (Bruce Sterling)
- The baby’s blood type? Human, mostly. (Orson Scott Card)
- Bang postponed. Not Big enough. Reboot. (David Brin)
- Dorothy: “Fuck it, I’ll stay here.” (Steven Meretzky)
If I’d been asked, mine would have been:
Rebooted eco-system. We fucked up again.
By the way, if you don’t get this mag: buy this month’s edition. The printed versions of these are beautiful…
currently playing: Pixies “Gouge Away”