Back from our exhaustingly quick MD trip and jotting a few notes down while I wait for
round 1 round 2 of the pictures to get uploaded to Flickr…
- Surprise party for A.’s dad was a huge success. There was (of course?) the challenge of convincing him to leave the house for a sufficiently long time to permit the set up and the guests’ arrivals. That said, he was stunned. Good show. Mission accomplished.
- Managed to pick up a new mixer while we were down B’more way, as well. I should be nice and well sorted out for Friday now. Once I get my brain to adopt the mental map of this mixer; bass and treble EQ knobs on this bad boy are reversed from my previous. (Eep!)
- On that note, reminder: Friday 27-Apr at 10pm, I’ll be on the decks at Burlington’s Half Lounge. Going to be quite a time — I have a feeling that it’s going to be an extremely fun place to play.
- Had a chance to cross paths with John & hte Rza while we were down in B’more. Briefly discussed the writing with John. He seems to have a slightly different take on where to go “from here” than Creighton. I swear, I don’t know why I bother asking for advice at all sometimes.
- We also got down to see Sarah, as well. Lookin’ good… Lookin’ (you know) alive.
- About 45 pages to go in River of Gods. At this point, leaning toward the “strongly recommended” angle but 45 pages is still enough for it to unravel.
Other news? There is no other news. Just returned to a series of minefields. And trying not to stress is tough sometimes. Maybe I should just force in those comics every morning?
currently playing: Thievery Corporation “The State of the Union”
About Rob FrieselSoftware engineer by day, science fiction writer by night. Author of The PhantomJS Cookbook and a short story in Please Do Not Remove. View all posts by Rob Friesel →
2 Responses to back (and forth)
It was so good to see you guys. I think I looked a little more than just alive though! 😉
@m00se: well yes, more than alive. slightly more than alive… 😉