How I spent my weekend; a little extreme close-up “before and after” shot for folks:
According to my neighbors, that’s 20 years worth of dirt and grime and organic funk that got blasted off with a little water and a whole lot of pressure1. If you like that, there’s more here, here, and here.
A few miscellaneous thoughts during the process:
- The nice part about blasting off 20 years worth of dirt is that it’s really obvious when you miss a spot.
- The bad part about blasting off 20 years worth of dirt is that when you’re done, it’s really obvious when you missed a spot.
- 20 years worth of dirt accumulation is really gross. And green when you get down close and look at it.
- With the water flying everywhere, I think I went through every pair of socks that I own.
- The original plan was to sand and paint… but holy crap what a difference the washing made all by itself.
- It is amazing what a little water and a lot of pressure will do.
- Pressure washers are bad ass.