Apropos of this year’s goals… Where am I as of the end of September?
SHORT VERSION: mostly slummin’ this year, actually.
I hate to admit it but that’s pretty much the truth.
- Write ≥3 hours each week. I got inspired in July. And almost hit my mark for that month. But then the enthusiasm waned big-time.
Maybe I should just change this goal to: “Complete NaNoWriMo 2010”.
- Submit at least 2 short stories for publication. Submitted one in January. And/but that one got rejected. And as I admitted before, that one stung, and more than it should have. Vide supra.
Revise at least one of my novels-in-progress.Going to punt this to next year. At the earliest. It was a nice thought.
- Read ≥36 books. Goodreads says I’m up to 34 already for 2010—and/but 2 of those are still marked “currently-reading”. And I also picked a number of “big ones” this year as well1. So I’ve got that going for me at least.
Exercise: get my money’s worth at Bolton Valley.I did, thanks. And I plan to again this winter.
- Exercise: walk or run ≥1 mile ≥2 times/week. Trying to get a re-start on this one. See also: notexercise.tumblr.com
- Exercise: climb at least once each week. It got tough this year. Seems to be getting tougher. Sticking with it as best as time and partner availability will allow2.
- Restrict my “personal expenses” to $70/week. Most weeks I do just fine. (Let’s leave it at that.)