Three months to go in 2011. How am I doing on my various personal goals? Let’s check in and find out!
- Exercise at least four days each week. Doing pretty well here. Averaging about 17-18 exercise sessions per month this year. Had a good run of climbing in the mid- to late-summer, but I’ve still only been either out or to the gym 21 times this year. On the other hand, I’ve run (or walked, or hiked) 185.74 miles this year.
Finish the â€œOrinâ€ WordPress theme.Orin was released to this blog on February 13. May its tenure be as long as Orthoâ€™s. [REPEATED]
- Get to know Groovy/Grails. Still far from mastery but hey… “It’s just web dev.”
Photography: a 365 project.Gave this up almost as soon as I’d started. But I managed to get myself talked into joining another photo club just in the last week or so. Woo!
- Reading: â‰¥36 books. One book shy of hitting my goal. Woo-hoo! This would be the first time that I met my annual reading goal since the H-bomb was born. Boom:
- Shadow & Claw (1/18);
- Holy Fire (2/2);
- All the Pretty Horses (2/6);
- all five of the Prydain Chronicles (3/1);
- The Name of the Wind (3/10);
- The Trouble With Physics (3/19);
- The Word for World is Forest (3/21);
- The Gunslinger (3/30);
- White Noise (4/7);
- The Stars Are Also Fire (4/16);
- How the Universe Got Its Spots (4/24);
- The Spy Who Came in From the Cold (4/30);
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks (5/7);
- Blind Man’s Bluff (5/15);
- Ventus (5/30);
- Motherless Brooklyn (6/8);
- A Wrinkle in Time (6/14);
- Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto (6/26);
- Brave New Worlds: Dystopian Stories (7/4);
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (7/21);
- The Restaurant at the end of the Universe (7/23);
- Life, the Universe and Everything (7/27);
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (8/1);
- Mostly Harmless (8/7);
- Whiskey: A Global History (8/12);
- Burning Chrome (8/14);
- Jack London in Paradise (8/31);
- The City & The City (9/14); and
- Dangerous Laughter: Thirteen Stories (9/25)
- Writing: â‰¥ 2 hours per week. A sudden and powerful resurgence.
Really proud of this year’s reading list so far. And also really proud to be writing again.