Following up on my pre-[tag]MacWorld[/tag] post…:
- [tag]iLife ‘06[/tag] is a given – – duh, zero points
- minor revisions all around – – of course (some arguably major), zero points
- with some new deployment of FrontRow and maybe Photo Booth – – FrontRow made it into the “[tag]MacBook Pro[/tag]” but is as yet not all-Mac-wide…
- the [tag]iWeb[/tag] thing is probably a red herring – – Nope. It was real. Zero points.
- the Podcast Studio thing is a minor possibility – – Rolled into GarageBand. Partial credit.
- (but that’s just me, I don’t “get” the podcast meme) – – I still don’t get “podcasting” (but I don’t get talk radio, either) but it’s an honorable mention because now we get PHOTOCASTING! (Points?)
- [tag]iWork ‘06[/tag] we’ll see, too – – Duh? Points.
- Keynote will get a minor update – – Easy. Points.
- Pages a major update (but not the one it needs) – – Sort of? Partial credit.
- and we’ll get “Numbers” – – Wrong. Points off!
- Hardware […] first round of Intel hardware will be the iBooks… – – Well it wasn’t a “Powerbook” but I don’t know if the “iBook” prediction counts. Zero points.
- …and maybe (just maybe) they’ll be stuffed with flash memory instead of a hard drive – – Not even close. Zero points.
- …Will Tiger be […] friendly for a January ‘06 launch of Intel-based hardware? – – Apparently Tiger will be just fine on Intel hardware. (Anyone else think this is a “Let’s get the proof in the pudding” kind of deal?)
- As for the iTheater thing… That would be cool and I hope to see something like that – – but it seems too “early adopter” – – Well, at least I got this one. But it’s worthless because this was the silliest of all the pre MWSF memes.
Geez, I’m terrible at this game.
Anyway… Of all the post-[tag]MWSF[/tag]-announcements round-ups I’ve seen so far, this one from Unsanity is worth the weight of the rest in salt. If only for “ICBM”.
currently playing: Delerium “Innocente”
About Rob FrieselSoftware engineer by day, science fiction writer by night. Author of The PhantomJS Cookbook and a short story in Please Do Not Remove. View all posts by Rob Friesel →
3 Responses to MacWorld scorecard
I have to say, I am not very impressed with the SuperHappyMacABook Pro (or whatever it’s called). 4-5 times faster? Statements like that always set off alarms in my head. No dual-layered DVD writing? Ouch. There is one positive though… Windows XP can NEVER run on it. 😉
Ha! Yeah. I’ve been trying to follow *SPEC benchmark controversy as closely as I can. Still not sure I fully understand what it’s all about. I’ll agree it has an acrid reek about it.
Remember kids: Quality is version 1.0.1.
Pingback: Macworld ‘07 Predictions at found_drama