- The gig this past weekend was both incredibly fun and incredibly draining. As I mentioned to a couple of folks already: it was the first time playing some records felt like … er … work. Pete pointed out that a four hour set will do that to a person. Still, such an incredibly good time. Many thanks to the friends (and strangers) that came out to show support.
- I realized that finishing River of Gods puts me within one book of goal #5 for 2007. Rock on. What next? Chandler? Atwood? Stross? Something totally trashy?
- The official announcement went out from our site coordinator today about the garden plots. We were there to see it yesterday. At any rate, it’s getting to be pretty exciting.
- Meanwhile, closer to home: we were positively shocked at the price quote we received this week for grounds maintenance at our condo for the year. And by shocked, I mean appalled. I can understand why they’d give the prices they do… I suppose it’s hardly worth the trip. Ugh
- Also: Dear City of Burlington Department of Public Work: Hurry up and FINISH FIXING THIS:
- I’m getting fixated on images from my “steampunk Libya” dream. My hurried early-a.m. description didn’t really do it justice. And maybe that’s just my writer’s mind filling in the blanks? Nah…
currently playing: Texture “Skulk (AggroDisco remix)”