Another year, another batch of goals. Let’s see where we’ve landed three months into the year…
- Exercise at least four days each week. Going pretty strong on this one. Most weeks I’m able to make it. Some morning runs on the treadmill (33.18 miles; 6.5 hours); some shoveling (15 hours and 45 minutes of shoveling); skiing, sledding, and a woefully inadequate number of rock climbing sessions (only 4).
Finish the “Orin” WordPress theme.Orin was released to this blog on February 13. May its tenure be as long as Ortho’s.
- Get to know Groovy/Grails. Starting to get the hang of this one, I think. Though using it everyday… seems as though it is inevitable.
Photography: a 365 project.I bagged this one at the beginning of February. It was just too much. Bit off more than I could chew. And really: the last thing the world needs is 365 shitty pictures just because I wanted to do one a day. If I’m going to “one-a-day” anything anyway, it really ought to be writing.
- Reading: ≥36 books. Finished March with 12; thus far:
- Shadow & Claw (1/18);
- Holy Fire (2/2);
- All the Pretty Horses (2/6);1
- all five of the Prydain Chronicles (3/1);
- The Name of the Wind (3/10);
- The Trouble With Physics (3/19);
- The Word for World is Forest (3/21); and
- The Gunslinger (3/30)
- Writing: ≥ 2 hours per week. Well (as usual?)… “I’m trying.”
Until next quarter…
- Whose idea was it to let me read Cormac McCarthy in the winter, anyway? [↩]