- Nice little condensed piece from techsoup.org on setting up an OS X server. Saving for later… *snip!*
- Another idea I find very appealing: iPod shuffles at libraries for Audible content. Supa cool.
- On the close to home front: “Dartmouth retools for Wi-Fi video”— Potentially disastrous if not executed properly. If I’m reading this correctly, this means a massive switch from 802.11b and g gear all to “a”. Meaning that the entire campus is going to have to start swapping cards. And all for the most childish reason I’ve heard to date:
“A lot of the faculty feel like to capture the attention of their students, they have to do more than just stand there and talk,” he says. That means adding video presentations as part of the curriculum.
NEWSFLASH! If they’re not engaged, maybe we should consider the possibility that you are a lousy teacher.
- Thanks to everyone that commented on my home bar ruminations— I hope to see some more.
- If you haven’t already, go rent yourself a copy of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I mean it. Right now. I haven’t come away from a movie feeling like that since Magnolia. (I can think of two people that saw the aftermath of that.) This would be a story by Philip K. Dick if the old bastard had hope for humanity. Familiar themes wrapped up in a gently assembled package. And while the science is basically w/o any ground whatsoever, they did get one part right: If you were going to erase memories it would be by grabbing and eliminating their emotional triggers. That being said, this film had its way w/ me and hung me out to dry last night.